We are moving homes! All LibriVox systems are going to move from our current servers to a new home at the Internet Archive (thanks Internet Archive! and thanks to Syntenic for hosting us the past couple of years).
IMPORTANT!!: The LibriVox website and forum will be unavailable while we move. Please visit our Twitter feed for the latest information.
This thread is to explain our timeline and to host questions and answers. Please DO post below (or on the forum) if you have any questions! And after the move, please post here if you spot any glitches.
- Done: Planning new set-up, implementation and preliminary testing.
- Done: Confirm dates with our sysadmin and our contacts at Internet Archive and current hosts.
- Weds 28th Nov, 10PM EST: Put up “closed for maintenance” page on our site while we move.
For the time in your area, check the worldclock.
- Thurs 29th Nov (evening EST): MC volunteers will test all systems. Once this is completed satisfactorily …
- Fri 30th Nov (evening EST): All LibriVox systems back up and running!
Note this is not a simple process, so there might be some glitches. Don’t panic if it takes a little longer.
Q: Can I still listen to LibriVox books while the site is offline?
A: Yes! All our books will be available at archive.org as usual. You won’t be able to use the LibriVox catalogue to find them, though.
Q: Can I post in the forum or read the wiki or website while the site is offline?
A: No. These will be unavailable while we move them.
Q: What will be different once we’ve moved?
A: Nothing you will notice yet. Our aim right now is to keep everything the same, just in a new home. Our new website and improved process support software will be live in early 2013. Stay posted for more information about that!
Q: What shall I do while the site is offline?
A: Some recording, editing or proof-listening? Volunteer for whatever you think you can get through in a few days. Don’t forget to download any necessary files before the site closes down! Don’t overload yourself either, we won’t be gone for long.